Monday 2 February 2015

Monthly Favourites | January 2015.

I could sit here and type all day about how crap of a month January is, but I'd rather show you all some nice lipsticks and eyeshadows I enjoyed over the last few weeks. With yesterday being the official first day of Spring, it means I can start to bust out all my peaches and pastel shades, even if the weather is still very much in winter. I'm excited for all the peach. PEACH EVERYTHING.




First up is a powder I bought a while ago, but only got around to opening/using it at the end of December and have been really enjoying all the way through January. It's the Wet n Wild Coverall Pressed Powder. I have to say, I do really like the actual product itself. It keeps my skin matte and provides some extra coverage (think MAC Mineralize Skinfinish but with less sheen). The only thing I dislike about it, though, is regardless of how fluffy or dense a brush I use, it kicks up a huge amount of powder around the edges. I noticed this immediately and knew there would be a lot of waste. I was right - I hit pan on this so quickly and it's almost completely finished! Regardless, I would actually still buy this again for a night time setting powder because of the extra coverage it gives! It wasn't expensive either so I don't mind going through it so quickly quite as much. 


Another inexpensive product I've been really enjoying is the 17 Define & Conquer Contour Kit. I reviewed this little gem here and I'm of the opinion that 17 can really do no wrong with their complexion/base products. Really great quality and I love the convenience of having the two powders in one compact. I love the contour shade to bronze and the "highlight" shade to set my under-eye concealer!

I also seem to go back to Nars Orgasm blush. I love this blush in spring and summer but dull and dreary January is perfect to whip this out and give your face a complete lift.


The only thing I've been using on my eyes this month (with the exception of playing around with my Urban Decay Vice 3 occasionally) has been the MAC x15 Warm Neutral palette. My boyfriend actually picked this out for me for Christmas (I think he must be a wizard) and I fell in love instantly. This is a pre-made MAC palette with a lot of shadows exclusive to this palette alone (i.e. you can't buy them in single pan or pot form in the store) and retails for around €70. I know that seems like a lot of money, but MAC eyeshadow costs around €10-15 (depending on if you buy it in pan or pot form) so to build your own palette is far more than €70! Basically, I think it's a total bargain and I've been getting great use out of all the shadows in it. Dark Brew, Dance In The Dark, Saddle and Lemon Tart are my favourite for a warm bronze smokey eye.


Whirl lipliner has a bit of a cult following since Kylie Jenner's lips became more talked about than, eh, anything else on social medias. I've owned this pencil for years and although I'm not a massive fan of the overly 90's brown mauve nude lip on myself, I'm trying to break out of my comfort zone. I love pairing this with both lighter and more brown nudes or even on its own!


A lipstick I got this month and have been loving paired with Whirl is Faux. It's a satin finish and the perfect brown mauve for me because it has a beautiful pink undertone. Grace confessions here; I'm not a fan of Velvet Teddy lipstick and much prefer Faux for the 90's-esque lip.


Lastly are some liquid lipsticks from Sleek. I reviewed the Matte Me Lip Creams very recently (link here) and although I got them in the middle of this month, I have been wearing them loads! I found a great Lime Crime Velvetine dupe within the range which I talked about in my review and I can't wait to pick up more next time I'm at a Sleek contour! 


I thought it would be nice to throw in some non-beauty favourites if you guys were interested in knowing a little more about what I'm into outside of lipstick (honestly, not a whole lot!). 

Fashion/Accessories: My Mi Moneda necklace! I got this in August but received a few more coins over Christmas and have been loving changing them up all month. 



TV: I have been obsessed with Parks & Recreation! I started watching it a while ago with my boyfriend and we absolutely love it. My friend Charlotte (who has a YouTube Channel right here which you should definitely go subscribe to cause she is fab) summed it up perfectly about Leslie being my spirit animal, but April is me like 90% of the time. (My boyfriend is also now currently obsessed with Nick Offerman)

Song: Elastic Heart by Sia. Non-stop. That is all.

Food: If you live in Galway or ever plan on visiting Galway, then Javas Creperie is a must visit. I think a photo says it all so I'll just leave it here... 



What products did you love last month? Let me know below! Don't forget to follow me on Twitter, Instagram and Bloglovin' to keep up to date with my posts :)

No comments :

Post a Comment