Friday 25 April 2014

Review: Lush Cosmetics Ocean Salt.

Ocean Salt was one of the first ever products I tried from Lush (almost 5 years ago). I hadn't repurchased it in years simply because I'd branched out and tried other exfoliators. I decided to repurchase it a few months ago and now I remember why I fell in love with this product in the first place! I won't get too into the brand itself, but it's good to know that they're a cruelty free company who use natural ingredients and safe synthetics. I think when most people think of Lush, they think of bath bombs but their skincare range is particularly excellent! (about 90% of my skincase is from the brand)


Ocean Salt is a thick consistency, with chunks of salt to exfoliate. I use this 2-3 times a week in the shower on damp skin. It's marketed as both a facial and body exfoliate but I really only use it on my face. Some of the main ingredients are grapefruit infusion (cleanses and tones), sea salt (exfoliates layers of dead skin to reveal softer, newer skin), organic lime extracted in vodka (refreshes, rejuvenates and brightens) and avocado butter (nourishes and hydrates the skin). Ocean Salt is definitely zingy and invigorating (probably due to the citrus ingredients) and a little goes a long way when using it on the face.

My oily, non-sensitive skin loves this product but it's not something I'd recommend for sensitive skin. In my opinion, the sea salt and vodka would be too harsh and may even 'sting' the skin slightly. In saying that, everyone is different and those with dry skin may really love it so it's definitely worth going into Lush and politely asking for a sample before forking out the money for a tub of this stuff. The smell is something I really love about this product: it's like an exotic smelling cocktail. Another thing to note about Ocean Salt is that it comes in 2 different sizes (in 100% recycled plastic pots... bring back 5 and get a free fresh face mask!) so you can always try the smaller one (£7.25 for 120g) before committing to the 250g (at £13.25), especially if you're intending it on only using it for the face. 

Overall, I like the packaging, I like the product, I like the smell and I love what it does for my skin! Although it is pricey, when used on the face, this product will last a long time and is a great exfoliator for oily, acne prone skin. This is definitely be a product I repurchase when I (eventually) run out! Unfortunately, I am unaware of € prices of ocean salt as I purchased it in the closet store to me (Newry). This product can be bought online at https://www.lush.co.uk/products/cleansers/ocean-salt or alternatively in Belfast, Newry, Dublin (Grafton St. and Henry St.) and Cork. 



I think/hope I covered everything but if anyone has any further questions then please ask. Thank you for reading! :) Follow me on Instagram: http://instagram.com/drnktxtrmeo_






No comments :

Post a Comment